This is the start of an inspiration patch, where I hope that fellow scrappers and creators will come and find some inspiration, or even leave some inspiration for me.

Sunday 4 November 2012

Hold on To Your Dreams - OUAS November Challenge

Hi Everyone

I really scrapped up a storm today and so was able to complete the OUAS November challenge.
This was the lovely sketch.



Here is my version.


The theme was one that I have been wanting to do for a while now.  I really want my son to live this and know it everyday, and hopefully also read one day when he is paging through my albums.

I used Basic Grey papers, with Crate Paper stickers and chipboard accents.  The chicken wire and title is Enmarc. The cogs are Design Worx. I did some coffee stains on the background and really like the way they splattered.  I really enjoyed that technique!!!

Here are 2 close-ups.



Did you happen to see the cute mouse in the bottom right hand corner?

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great evening!
Denise x

13 comments:

  1. Oh Denise, I love how you made a boy page with the sketch, your elements are superb and the colors are gorgeous, and that photo is so endearing! Thank you for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about the coffee stains? And I love the mousie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...you took a totally feminine sketch and made it into a rugged boy page. Well done Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous LO Denise.. love your take on the sketch and your mix of papers and elements!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stains are awesome! Really great design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout and great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous! I love the simplicity of this page & the splats are simply awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an absolutely beautiful lay-out! I love how you did the journaling on it. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is awesome, the colors are absolutley fabulous, and you gotta love that chicken wire!! Very cool! So glad you joined us at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denise this is such a stylish and totally boy's LO!!! I love the calm colors on your project! excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous boy age and a great take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool this is Denise! love how you made the feminine sketch into a wonderful boy page! Fab choice of colours without making everything dark and rusty. Love this! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely boy page Denise! Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete